SEIEFFE LTD websites use their own and third-party cookies to improve our services and customise and make browsing easier for the user based on their preferences by analysing their browsing habits.
Cookies are only associated with an anonymous user and their computer and do not provide references that reveal the User’s personal data . Users can set their browser to notify and reject the installation of cookies sent by SEIEFFE LTD Websites, without affecting the User’s ability to access the content. However, take into account, in any case, the performance of the website may be impaired.
b) Types, purpose and operation of Cookies:
Cookies, in terms of their permanence, may be divided into persistent or session cookies. The first expire when the user closes the browser. The second expire when the purpose for which they serve is met (e.g., so that the user remains logged in) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their aim, cookies can be classified as follows:
CUSTOMISATION COOKIES: This type of cookie remembers user preferences for the tools found in the services, so they do not have to reconfigure the service every time the page is visited. For example, they include:
- Preferred language.
- Browser type
- Transmission rates that are compatible with your browser.
GEO-LOCATION COOKIES: These cookies are used to find out which country the user is in when a service is requested. These cookies are completely anonymous and are only used to help guide the content to their location, through the regional configuration from which the service is accessed.
REGISTRATION COOKIES: Registration cookies are generated once the user is registered or subsequently has opened a session, and are used to identify them in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user logged in so that, if a service is closed, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day, re-enters the service, they will continue to be logged in, thus making browsing easier without the need to login. This functionality can be deleted if the user clicks on “close session”, deleting this Cookie and the next time the service is accessed, the user will have to log in to connect.
- Check whether the user is authorised to access certain services, for example, to enter a contest.
Additionally, some services may use connectors with social networks such as Facebook or Twitter. When the user registers in a Service with social network credentials, they authorise the social network to store a persistent cookie to remember their identity and guarantee access to the Services until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke access to the services via social networking by updating their preferences on the specific social network.
ANALYTICAL COOKIES: Each time a user visits a web service, a tool from an external provider (Google, doublechic and similar which may be added to this list if they vary in relation to current sites) generates an analytical cookie on the user’s computer. This Cookie, which is generated only when the site is visited, will be used in future visits to SEIEFFE LTD services to anonymously identify visitors. The main objectives are:
- Anonymously identify users through the “Cookie ” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and hence the approximate calculation of the number of visitors and their trends over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore, the most appealing to users
- Find out if the user is new or a returning visitor.
NB: Unless the user decides to register in a SEIEFFE LTD web service, the “Cookie” will never be associated with any personal data that can identify the user. Such Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes to help optimise the user experience on the site.
SEIEFFE LTD does not use advertising or behavioural advertising Cookies.
c) How to disable Cookies in the main browsers
Normally, it is possible to stop accepting browser cookies or stop accepting cookies from a specific web service.
The Cookies settings can be changed in all modern browsers. These adjustments are typically located in ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser
SEIEFFE LTD provides guidance on steps to access the Cookie configuration menu and, where appropriate, of private browsing in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools-> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For further information go to Microsoft support or browser’s Help option.
- Firefox: Tools-> Internet Options -> Privacy -> History -> Personal Settings.
For further information go to Mozilla support or browser’s Help option.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content Settings.
For further information go to Google support or browser’s Help option.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For further information go to Apple support or browser’s Help option.
There are other third-party tools available online, allowing users to detect cookies on each Website they visit and how to disable them (e.g. Ghostery : http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement, http://www.ghostery.com/faq).
If you have any further queries on cookies, contact SEIEFFE LTD at email@example.com.